Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ex-Factors:Life situations (1)

"It could all be so simple" "But you'd rather make it hard" -Lauryn Hill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE-bnWqLqxE&ob=av2n
"Michael I have something to tell you," Angie said happily.
"Yes baby, what is it?" he replied.
"We're PREGNANT!"
Silence....
"Pregnant?" he asked looking away.
"Yes pregnant," she paused to look at him before saying another word. "Michael, I took a test..."
"So what are you going to do?" he shouted.
"What do you mean what am I going to do?" she yelled back. "What are we going to do do? Better yet, there's only one thing for me to do Michael!"
"Oh yeah, what is that?" he asked.
"I'm going to have this baby Michael, with or without you!"
"But you cant do that..."
"Oh yes I can, watch me," she replied leaving the room.

Michael ran after her grabbing her arm forcefully he turned her around. "Oh no you can't" "And you won't."
"Michael you're hurting me" Angie yelled while trying to get away. "I can't believe you. I cant believe you're putting you hands on me."
Michael looked at himself and Angie in the bedroom mirror. He let her go and turned to leave the room.
"What am I gonna do with a baby now? I'm barely taking care of myself?" he mumbled before punching a hole in the wall.
Angie sat in the corner of the bedroom staring at him and crying quietly.
Michael returned to the room to help her up. "Angie, I'm really sorry for grabbing you. I'm just shocked and scared."
"I understand Michael but you scared me because Ive never seen you act this way."
"Baby i just cant have this baby with you right now? "
"What do you mean with me Michael?"
"I didn't mean it that way baby. I mean I just cant have a baby right now"
"Well Michael, it's not like I picked you to father my child. You're no ball player or rich man or anything that I wanted the father of my child to be?"

"Angie you couldve kept that last comment. Its not about you. I just cant having a fucking kid right now and neither can you."

"Well Michael, actually we can and we will because this baby is inside of me and I'm not having an abortion so we're just going to have to deal with it. Better yet, I'll deal with it on my own. You don't have to be apart of my child's life. We're going do fine without you." said Angie as she ran out the front door to her car.
Michael watched her as she sat in the front seat of her crying before pulling off.
Michael returned to his room and punched the door again this time bruising his hand. "Aww shit. I knew I shouldn't have been fucking her without a condom. She was trying to trap me all this time. Damn what am I suppose to tell my family. My father told me not have any kids before marriage. Damn, how could she do this to me. Fuck her. Fuck Her!" he yelled.
"Ma I'm pregnant and I just told Michael and he blew up on me. He said he didn't want to have a baby with me.Can you believe that ? With me? I don't want to have a baby either but I just can't have another abortion."
"Angie, stop crying please," her mom replied. "You'll be okay. He's just scared right now but you two will work it out. "
"Ma I don't believe I want to work it out," she replied. "Me and my baby are going to be just fine." she said before disconnecting the call.
"Yeah we'll be just fine," she said rubbing her belly. "God got us"

And we both end up with scars
Tell me, who I have to be
To get some reciprocity
No one loves you more than me
And no one ever will -L Hill

This scene is one that is all too familiar amongst young women who become pregnant unexpectedly. As some of you may know I was one of them. Its a very hard and scary situtation and in most cases you can become an Ex-factor. One that is being looked down upon for doing something out of the norm.


So this week I will be creating a few short dialogues, utilizing Lauryn hills Ex-factor lyrics. I chose this song because it has so many interpretations, in which I can create different dialogues using life situations. I need to get back to my craft so please feel free to follow me, comment and advise me along the way.

Toodles
Alex not Plastic
Erica Coleman (c) 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment