Monday, September 24, 2012
Why can’t she see what I see?---I think you’re Beautiful
It’s hard being a woman. But today as I walked outside with the cold wind slapping me in my face with the sun shining, I found myself saying out loud, “I love being a woman.”
Not to brag, but there’s not a day that goes by that a man passes me by and says, “You’re beautiful, you look nice, hello miss, or excuse me your man must be happy, some even honk their horns. “While I find pleasure in this most of the time, I still find myself thinking I wonder if they can see what I see inside of me.
I’m single but trust that Im actually fine with that title especially after just hearing from one of my dearest friends that I love so much tell me about how miserable she is in her marriage. This girl is Beautiful, if you were too see her out and about you wouldn’t even know the hell that she goes through in her house daily. From the outside looking in their life appears to be perfect, two strikingly beautiful people with gorgeous kids, living in their dream home sharing their lives….Well that’s what she thought until he didn’t want the world to see his beautiful wife anymore. As she said, “I feel like I lost myself Erica. This ain’t me. I’ve lost all of my friends. I’m not going to have anything once he’s gone.”
As a friend we always want to give advice because from the outside looking in we have the perfect solution. And for this reason, I’ve always found myself wondering, “Why can’t she see what I see?”
On the other hand, here I am. Beautiful, smart, talented and single. Some of my friends don’t understand why I don’t have a man. I believe it’s because I’m not ready to “lose myself”or be so in love that I lose everything and everyone that I care about for one person. Why cant they see what I see?
On the other hand, I have other friends that want a man so bad that they eagerly accept the first guy that says hello pretty lady. I’ve been there before but after I realized I was just wasting time, I let go of that bad habit just as quick as it started. Again these are beautiful women with choices-why can’t they see what I see?
Just typing this reminds me of a praise and worship song that I love, There’s a King in you. It goes something like this, ‘Don’t you see the king in you? Then why do you speak with such insecurity, Do you know there’s a king in you? then why do you speak with such defeat. '
Every day I listen to women talk about this and that in regards to wanting and needing a man. I’m glad I’m at a place where I can honestly say I’m fine because I am. I’m glad I realized that there’s one “man” that loves me more than I love myself and that man is Christ. And until I meet the man that has the same love for Christ as me, I’ll stay single.
So as I bow my head today, I’m praying for all my friends that ‘need a man or want a man so bad that they lose their self.” I hope one day they can see what I see. And that is that you’re beautiful because there’s a King that lives right inside of you. My king wants the best for you. This is the only person that I’m willing to lose myself for. I don’t care what others think about me, I know the Cost of following Jesus. Connect to the spirit loves, so that YOU CAN, see what I see. Love Erica ©2012
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Hello All of my Beautiful People,
This year I decided that I wanted to be a part of the Obama Action and GOT INVOLVED. After signing up to become a part of the Young Detroiters for Obama Team, I sat down and thought about the reasons Why I wanted to volunteer my time and help the President Get reelected. So about a month ago, I sat down and decided to write down the Five reasons Why I’m Voting for Obama!!
1. His Word is Good!! How many other politicians do you know actually do what they say….He said he wanted to end the war. He did. He said he wanted to provide affordable if not free healthcare for the people. He has. He said he would bring this country out of its current state of turmoil…It’s 2012 and the world is looking good from where I stand.
2. He is a great reflection of ME and what it took to rise to the top… Determination, Hard Work, Faith, Good for the people, believes that Dreams can come true. The struggle of America in the “financial crisis” is very familiar to my lifestyle growing up. We knew what it was to not have enough and to go without. But we ALWAYS MADE A WAY and came out on TOP. America was trillions dollars in debt around the world, Obama has not only strengthened the American credibility around the world but he is making the money do what it needs to do, so that we may stay afloat!! DO IT!!!
3. He is not an I person, His stance has always been about WE!!! I’m a We person too. If we all come together on one accord great things can happen. We have a world to fix America!! And Obama is doing it with our HELP!!
4. It’s more than skin Deep!! Yes Obama looks like me but his family values are more important than anything. Think about it, have you ever saw the love between any other presidential family as you see it with the Obama’s. That means more than words can express in my book. If he can show his care for his family openly in the public eye all the time, it’s apparent that he will always be sincere about the struggles of others family. Women alone are still facing challenges in the workplace BUT OBAMA! Found a way to make wages fair for working women and also provide a relief to those families that are struggling to pay for college. I know my mom was happy for all of the Pell Grants I received. I was able to graduate from college with less debt because of them.
5. Who else is there to vote for? I mean really, I can’t relate to the man who has millions in his bank account and doesn’t know what it’s like to not have a mother with a flexible checkbook. I need to be able to look at my President and want to listen to him and look for words of encouragement not words or dialogue I can’t understand. I’m not ignorant by far, but not everyone speaks money language all the time. I’m voting for Obama because I Believe that he CAN therefore WE all can!!
After watching The First Lady last night on my television screen as she talked about all the things that matter to the people my thoughts were confirmed. Not only was I sold on getting Obama reelected, but I was inspired to be more, do more and help out a little more. Unfortunately, I haven’t been inspired by anyone on television lately but after watching the beautiful, intelligent First Lady Michelle Obama on my television something inside of me woke up and I was inspired to become something GREAT again.
This morning I asked my son if he wanted to be great, his response was Yes. I said Why. He said because you’re Great and my whole family is Great. I told him that he WILL BE GREAT! And I promise to do whatever it takes to achieve his Greatness status.
Plant some seeds today…Inspire others to become Great. Michelle Obama did J
Love Erica ©2012