Monday, October 25, 2010

Refocusing on Growth!

“Look back at it for what , the future looks so much brighter!”-Erica C.

As I sit here today, my mind is reciting these lines over and over. “Look back at it! Look back at it! Look back at IT!” I finally decided to press STOP!!!
I can’t and I won’t look at the challenges of my past. I’ve made it through them. I may have even tripped and fell again but I got back up with less bruises this time. The only thing I want to review from my past would be the step right before I made it to the finish line each time, followed by the praises to God right after I crossed over.

I just read this articled entitled “Grow yourself, to grow your wealth,”. This article spoke to me because I have been that person that would look at others and ask “What did they do to get to that level of wealth and why am I not there yet?”

I have been a “worker” since I was 14 years old. At this age I got my first summer job in which the pay was very little and the job was fair, but even at this point in my life I wanted the higher job, that being the job where the kids got to wear the yellow shirts and everyone knew their position. That position gave them “status” and recognition which to me meant a form of success. I never got that job but I continued to work during the summers and from what I can remember all of my managers said I was one of the best workers that had each year.

At the age of 15, I began working for Burger King. Yes, my first real job. It didn’t take long for the managers to recognize me as one of the best. This was the job that made me want more out of life. I knew that this was the only job I could have at the time but I knew I was not meant to be a “worker”. Over the next 10 years, I held the titles of cashier, waitress, and administrative assistant, medical biller, intern, host, assistant and customer service representative and co-author but still none of them defined me5d.
Until now, where almost 3 years ago I decided that I would utilize all of my past skills to start working for myself as a Realtor or real estate agent. Boy oh boy, this has not been easy. By choosing this position I knew that I would be AT RISK upon entering because the state of the economy has not been good for real estate. I’ve encountered several ups and downs on the financial side but throughout the process, I’ve come to the realization that I love doing this but I’m ready to reach the next level on the financial side.

In the article, “Grow yourself to grow your wealth”, the author states
“Being willing to take a risk doesn’t necessarily mean being willing to lose. By doing your research, you can make educated decisions on solid information. The key is to do it in as short a time as possible and then go for it or quit whining about it!”
As positive as I mean seem to others, for the last 4 months I’ve been a whiner. I find myself crying over the deals that didn’t go through or the buyers that have wasted my time. In doing this, I’ve have not only lost focus on what I can be doing to better my business and relationships, but I stopped myself from growing in the process. My focus has not been on helping the people as it was when I’ve first started the business instead it has been on the lack of money. I’ve started reacting to my problems instead of taking new actions that will better my business.
Two weeks ago I vowed to quit and started applying for “jobs” in which I knew I didn’t want but this was my reaction to not having any money. However, my heart nor mind were fully convinced that this is what I wanted so I haven’t received a call back from those positions in which I applied but I’m fine with it.
GROWTH! GROWTH! GROWTH. FROM this day forward I will repeat this chant in my head until I get to the next level/my future. I’m releasing the thoughts of my lack of finances and replacing them with thoughts of growth in my finances. I’m releasing my thoughts of working with no purpose to focusing on my purpose helping people in these hard times find homes while creating an opportunity for me to meet new clients to make more money. Grow, create, focus and help will be the primary focus in my business practices from today forward!
Eker states:
Take action now:
Consider a situation or project you’ve wanted to start. Whatever you’ve been waiting for, forget it. Begin now from wherever you are with whatever you’ve got.
Practice optimism. Today, whatever anyone says is a problem or an obstacle, reframe it into an opportunity.
Focus on what you have, not on what you don’t have. If you don’t appreciate what you’ve got, you won’t get any more.
Remember this: Your wealth can only grow to the extent that you do.
I’m growing and so should YOU!!
Alex not Plastic
© 2010 Erica Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment