Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Recession.Depression.Life lessons. Girl let me tell you

Hello All
Its 2009 and Obama is Preseident. Yeah! But we are in some of the worst times says reporters but haven't we always been. Lots of people are calling this a recession, in fact Jeezy made a song about it that took a while for people to catch on to but ITS Here.

As we are all going through trying times I just want to talk about the trials being set ups for great verdicts for our people.

In 2007 I found out that I would be a mommy. I had the new mommy jitters because I just knew that I couldn't do it because I wasn't ready but I also knew that I could not turn back on my promise to God. So I accepted my pregnancy and started to think about some changes that I would need to make for my future. I decided that I would come up with "my own plan" which ended up being a diaster because 1 year earlier I had given my life over to Christ and asked to be saved but I reverted back to "living in the flesh." But I'm not going to go holy on you...yet :)
The next year was rough because I was becoming a different person with an unclean heart without God as my center.
My love arrived and things got worse. I was struggling with my identity. I was struggling with my goals. And now I had a new bundle of joy that I didnt want to be raised by a daycare so I decided to make some career changes.
This is where my recession and depression happened. But God sent a friend my way that would lead me towards my new beginning.
It wasn't easy.
I tumbled. I fell.
I ran. I lost.
I gave. I lost.
I cried. I smiled.
I loved. I hurt.
I shattered relationships. BUT then I got up again.
And this is when the news finally announced that AmErica was in a recession.
Getting up was not easy and I'm still trying to find my balance. This is when my life lessons started to happen.
I realized that I had some work to do. I needed to become better in my finances- which to me meant paying bills on time. I needed to really focus on my work because I was slowly becoming one of those "lazy agents" that my clients tell me about. I needed to take a second look on all of my healthy and unhealthy relationships. My network of positive, inspirational people had become shorter than 3 years prior. My family relationships had been strained so I had to work on my forgiving heart because I know that I am the center of all the positive changes surrounding my family. My friends were short and few and I realized that this may be for the best because everyone is not meant to stay for eternity.
My love life..Whoops I wont go there...It's just not happening but I fine because I'm loving the new me and my baby.
That was my 2008.
I said all of this to say that CHANGE! Yes CHANGE! needs to happen in order for you to move to the next level of Progression.
Now back to Obama. Yeah! We are all happy that he is in office but- let's not put it all on him to solve. Now is the time for Change and I'm not just saying that.
Now is the time to do a flashback on your life and acknowledge the things that once worked for you and the things that didn't and do some springing ahead or spring cleaning.
As I look back at my life, I'm glad that I had experienced the good and bad because those experiences have given me clarification on what I can and MUST do to get to where I'm going.
I'm moving forward in this recession and my depression is NO LONGER so girl let me tell you, We've all got some work to do!

Toodles,
Alex Not Plastic

1 comment:

  1. Well all I can say is WOW! and you speak for everyone when you say change is needed not only in the society we live in but within ourselves to make our society a better place. Obama can not do it alone and we as a people need to step up and re-evaluate our purpose here on Earth. You are an inspiration to all that are going through trials and tribulations; with the right attitude and drive to make things better anything can be overcome. Keep writing and I will keep reading

    ReplyDelete